Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Adirondacks


It's no secret to those who know me how much I love where I live, specifically right on the southern edge of one of the best places on Earth, The Adirondack Park.  I actually think at times that  I've taken this particular passion just  a bit too far.  My license plate on my SUV is ADKPRK, on my Harley it's ADKMTN.  My office is full of books on the park, trail maps, atlases, picture books, you name it.  I am a regular visitor to the Adirondack Forum (which i highly recommend www.adkforum.com) where my username is adk365.  I love the towns, the people, the lakes and rivers, the mountains.  I hike it, climb it, paddle it, bike it, and ski it.   My family has two properties up North, one on a lake where I spent all my summers throughout my childhood, and the other  on 100 acres featuring a beautifully built hunting lodge that my father, in particular,  has put considerable time and love into for the sake of present and  future generations. You see, it's in my blood, this place. My parents taught me to love it, and it stuck.  


No comments: